In a sleep-deprived culture, the term “sleep hygiene” is being used more frequently. According to the American Sleep Association, sleep hygiene is defined as “behaviors that one can do to help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.” According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), more than one-third of Americans don’t get enough sleep.
Sleeping less than seven hours per day is associated with a number of health issues such as chronic health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke and heart disease, as well as mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety.
Making a plan to improve your sleep hygiene is one way to get more, quality sleep. Additionally, incorporating CBD products may help you achieve the nightly recharge you need to feel more rested and ready to tackle your day.
- Try incorporating a CBD tincture to your evening wind-down.
- CBD capsules are a compact, easy way to enjoy the benefits of CBD.
- Using CBD bath and body products such as bath bombs, lotions, and skincare products are a simple way to relax and “self-care” before bed.
- Check out this article about CBD and sleep science!
More sleep hygiene tips:
- Work to maintain a regular sleep schedule by going to bed around the same time each night.
- Develop a bedtime “ritual.” Incorporate self-care steps such as showering, skincare, using lotion, brushing your teeth, having a cup of decaf tea, meditation, prayer, and/or reading.
- Sleep in a dark room, without light from electronics such as phones or televisions.
- Stop using electronics at least an hour before bedtime.
- Reduce the amount of caffeine you consume throughout the day.
- Give yoga, meditation, mindfulness, or stretching a try! These quiet, calm activities may help your body slip into sleep mode more easily.
Directhemp.com is passionate about our customers’ health and wellbeing. Check out our website and the wide variety of hemp and CBD products available that may help you develop the sleep hygiene regimen of your dreams.